The Request for Application (RFA) is built around the Affiliate’s Statement of Need which conveys the guidelines for the types of programs Komen and the Affiliate are willing to fund. The Statement of Need and RFA are both based on findings from the bi-annual Community Profile. The Statement of Need is included as part of the RFA.
The RFA also sets the rules for applying for Komen Affiliate grants, including deliverables under the grant contract, evaluation criteria, grants structure and budget and other qualifying guidelines that must be met before the proposal is sent to review.
The 2017 RFA is CLOSED.
2017-2018 Grant Applications due JANUARY, 27 2017
Contact Jordan Clum at 309-453-7084 or email@example.com, for more information.
Small Grant Guidelines (if applicable)
We are not currently accepting small grant applications. If you have questions, please contact Affiliate Executive Director, Peggy Isenogle, at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Small Grants in the subject line.
Eligibility requirements include but may not be limited to the following:
- Applicant must be a 501(c) organization (non-profit organization, educational institution and/or government agency) and provide proof of non-profit status if it is not already on file with the Affiliate. Checks cannot be issued to individuals; they must be issued to the 501(c)3 organization.
- Applicant must be operating within the Komen Affiliate’s service area, and funded activities (except travel) must take place within the service area.
- Funding requests should not be for a project that would normally be eligible for funding through the yearly peer-reviewed Komen Grant process (Screening Treatment Education Program / STEP grants).
- Funded activities must be consistent with and specific to the Komen mission.
- Grant applicants are restricted to a maximum combined award of $5,000 per fiscal year, per program for any type of Small Grant (Travel, Conference and/or Program Support Grant).