2014-15 Health Grants
The Greater Cincinnati Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is pleased to announce our 2014-15 Community Health Programs. This year, with the assistance of generous donations from the community, the Affiliate was able to award approximately $335,000 to breast health programs in the Greater Cincinnati area. These important safety net, navigation, and emergency assistance programs target women in our community.
During the 2014-2015 grant cycle, Komen Greater Cincinnati helped fund the following:
- Number of services provided : 3,768
- Total number of unduplicated individuals served: 3,449
- Breast cancers detected: 9
- Mammograms provided: 2,519
- Patient navigation: 1,190
- Free or low-cost diagnostic breast health services: 323
- Assistance with treatment costs: 146
- Side effect management and psychological support: 1,552
- Educational events: 152
- Breast Health Education: 1,244
The remaining 25 percent of net funds were invested in the Susan G. Komen Grants Program managed at the national level. To learn more about Susan G. Komen’s research investment, click here.
In 2014-2015, Komen Greater Cincinnati was fortunate to be able to invest more than $150,000 solely toward research.